For those working in community, NCDD member org – the Harwood Institute, has an exciting training just around the corner. Their Spring Virtual Public Innovator Lab extends their signature 2.5-day training over an 8-week interactive online course which teaches participants how to deeper engage in your community. NCDD members receive $50 off the training and to the receive the discount code, email keiva[at]ncdd[dot]org. Register to join this educational series ASAP, which starts April 5th. You can learn more about the training in the post below and find even more details on Harwood’s site here.
Virtual Public Innovator Labs
Our training platform is built for you.
The Virtual Lab is a robust multi-week online course offered several times each year. Attend sessions from the comfort of your own computer, participate in structured discussions, and practice your new skills with other amazing people. Through our online course, you and/or your colleagues will learn our time-tested approach to creating deeper and more meaningful impact in your community.
Spring Virtual Lab: April 5 – May 24, 2018
Fall Virtual Lab: September 27 – November 1, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Lab is for people who are leading or supporting work to help address community problems. We call these individuals public innovators. They can come from nonprofits, faith organizations, businesses, government, academia and other areas. Their organizations can be any size from any size community.
- We are looking for people who run programs or initiatives, are part of the senior staff, or lead organizations.
- If you already use our approach but have new staff, this is a great, cost-effective way for them to get trained.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to engage and understand your community the right way
- How to use what you learn from the community to gain new allies
- How to improve your programs and strategies so they work for your community – not just for the experts
- How to get work moving with the right partners in the community when it seems like everyone is stuck and there’s talk but no action
- How to be a more intentional community leader that exercises genuine authority, authenticity and accountability
WHAT WILL I GET?
- An action plan that you can start on as soon as you get home
- A toolkit with all the materials you can copy and use with your colleagues
- A library of videos on topics we cover in the Lab
- Regular updates from the Institute through our newsletter
- The Virtual Lab is structured as an 8-week online course.
- This program will take place every Thursday from 1:30-3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time for 8 weeks.
- The online sessions are highly interactive. You’re expected to participate in discussions.
- In between sessions, you will participate in online discussions and have about 30 minutes of “homework” to do so you can apply what you are learning as you are learning it.
You can learn more about the Spring Virtual Lab on Harwood Institute’s site at www.theharwoodinstitute.org/virtual-labs.